The Mahomet Area Chamber of Commerce is organized to advance the general welfare and prosperity of the Mahomet area so that its citizens and all areas of its business community shall prosper. All necessary means and promotion shall be provided and particular attention and emphasis shall be given to the economic, civic, commercial, industrial and educational interests of the area.
Your Chamber membership contributes to the following goals and objectives we strive to achieve for the Mahomet area:
Provide programs, services and activities of value to Chamber members and the community at large.
- Increase and retain membership and strengthen member value.
- Expand the Chamber Dollars Program by promoting the program and to exceed $2,000.
Promote a positive community image for business and promote a business-friendly environment.
- Cooperate with the Festival Committee in promoting the Sangamon Music River Festival.
- Actively participate in the Economic Development Committee.
Encourage a cooperative and favorable local/state government climate that promotes an understanding of the needs of the business community.
- Determine the priority of business needs and communicate them to appropriate government officials/agencies.
- Involve government officials and staff in Chamber programs and committees.
- Continue to be visible at local government meetings.
- Host election forums for upcoming State Legislators, County Board Members, Village Trustees and Mahomet-Seymour School District Board of Education.
Support business and community issues through involvement with local and state government, the business community, and the public.
- Maintain communication network through the Chamber website and newsletter.
- Promote academic achievement through the scholarship program.
- Support business leader development through the high school business club.
- Support business participation in the Mahomet Guide to Mahomet Directory published by The News-Gazette.
Become a Member
When you join the chamber, you join a network of local businesses and community leaders. You'll build stronger community relationships, get access to member resources and gain valuable visibility in our community.